Samsung is hosting a new Galaxy Unpacked conference this Thursday, January 14. The firm will take advantage of the event to unveil its Galaxy S21 range.
In this year for the moment still deprived of physical exhibitions, Samsung has decided to draw even faster. This Thursday, January 14, he is planning a Galaxy Unpacked conference, during which he will lift the veil on his new range of state-of-the-art phones. The Galaxy S20 will therefore give way to the Galaxy S21.
How to follow the Samsung conference?
To see the presentation live, it will be necessary to encroach a little on its snack: go to the multinational’s website, from 4 p.m. We do not know the duration of the event.
- When? January 14, 2021 at 4 p.m. French time;
- Or ? Sure the Samsung site ;
- What? The Samsung conference focused on the Galaxy S21 range of smartphones.
We already know everything about the Galaxy S21
Unfortunately, as often with much anticipated Samsung products, leaks spoil all surprises. In a series of tweets published on January 13, Evan Blass, one of the most popular and trusted leakers, revealed it all with screenshots showing the information as it will be released on the official website.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) January 13, 2021
As in 2020, Samsung is preparing to lift the veil on three smartphones: the Galaxy S21 (6.2 inches), the Galaxy S21 + (6.7 inches) and the Galaxy S21 Ultra (6.8 inches). They would all be equipped with a Dynamic AMOLED screen refreshed to 120 Hz and drilled in the top center to make room for the selfie camera. The two most accessible models would sport a flat slab with rounded edges.
In terms of colors, we would have the choice:
- Galaxy S21: white, gray, pink and purple;
- Galaxy S21 +: black, silver and purple;
- Galaxy S21 Ultra: black and silver.
At the back, we discover a still imposing photo module, but a little better melted on the metal edge. The equipment would vary depending on the model:
- Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S21 +: 12 mpx ultra wide-angle sensor (f / 2.2) + 12 mpx wide-angle sensor (f / 1.8) + 64 mpx telephoto lens (f / 2.0);
- Galaxy S21 Ultra: 12 mpx ultra wide-angle sensor (f / 2.2) + 108 mpx wide-angle sensor (f / 1.8) + 10 mpx telephoto (f / 2.4) + 10 mpx telephoto (f / 4.9) + ToF sensor.
In terms of performance, the trio would rely on the Exynos 2100 processor supported by up to 16 GB of RAM. The battery capacity could climb up to 5,000 mAh for the Galaxy S21 Ultra. Note that the most upscale smartphone would add compatibility with the S Pen stylus to its technical sheet. This feature is normally reserved for Galaxy Note.